Job Description: The Clinician will be a part of the Lighthouse of Houston team, focusing on providing a client-centered approach to developing a treatment plan and providing education, tools, and resources to assist individuals achieve better mental health. Lighthouse of Houston team members must have experience working with people with disabilities, specifically people who are blind or have low vision. The Clinician must lead by example, and lead with humility, trust, and respect. It is important for individuals to be committed to continuous learning environment and a champion for change, with a teamwork mentality. Collaboration with Lighthouse of Houston’s support departments, as well as the mental health community to promote the Behavioral Health department is an essential component of the position.
Mission: To assist people who are blind or low vision to be independent members of society.
Department: Health Services
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
• Independent assessments and interventions according to client’s needs
• Collaborate with client to create and manage treatment plan
• Assessing client for potential diagnoses and treatment needs, monitor progress with treatment goals
• Provide education to client to include mental illness, symptoms and various interventions
• Participate in department, organization meetings
• Advocate for the Blind/Low Vision community, as well as people with disabilities
• Represent the Lighthouse of Houston within in the mental health community
• Maintain LSCW licensure
• Evaluate clients (existing, new, and prospective) based on their needs, limitations, and desires
• Provide applicable DSM-5 diagnosis after assessment
• Document sessions in electronic health record
• Address client concerns and goals using best practices therapeutic interventions
• Build rapport with clients and their families
• Work with clients to develop and monitor individualized treatment plans
• All other duties as assigned
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Computer, scanner, printer, fax, general office supplies, preferred use of assistive technology such as Zoom Text, Jaws, or other Blind/Low Vision assistive technology aids
Education Required: Master’s degree or higher
Experience Required: Background in health services and/or health education, preferred legally blind
License and Certifications Required: Licensed in the State of Texas as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
Physical Requirements And Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reports to: Director of Behavioral Health
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
Apply Here: https://easyapply.co/job/clinician-31?rcid=loh
Job Description: Providing individualized assistance of daily living skills to blind/visually impaired, deaf, multi-handicapped adults residing in our Assisted Living Facility and Day Programs.
Duties Included: Transports clients from home to day program and physician appointments; Escorts clients between their residences and the vehicle and day programs; Keeps driver’s logs of pick-up and drop-off times; Provides physical assistance to clients as needed; Maintains progress notes and daily attendance records; Responsible for the safety and supervision of clients at all times; Responsible for maintenance of company vehicles including but not limited to gas, car washes and oil changes; Provides direct care to clients in the building including but not limited to escorting clients, assisting with activities of daily living, preparing and serving meals and snacks, assisting with classes and activities, and cleaning; Responsible daily for disinfecting of tables, chairs, supplies, door handles, and van seats after every use, temperature checks and screening; Completes quarterly training (Abuse and Neglect, CPR/First Aide, Fire Safety, Fall Prevention); Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education: Responsible driving record, clear criminal history check, and experience working with disabled individuals and/or the elderly. High School Diploma or GED required.
Licenses and Certifications: Texas Driver’s License, CPR & First Aid