Job Description: This position will manage the daily administrative duties for the Adult Day Program and Deaf Blind licensed programs. Record keeping of all the required information for HHSC licensed programs.
Duties Included: ·
Record Keeping: Updating all client files, filing and database for the licensed programs according to Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) regulations.
· Preparing and filing monthly & annual recertification updates for licensed program participants.
· Responsible for entering daily attendance and meal count records in the database.
· Filing nursing progress notes, vital signs, staffing summaries and all initial and required annual form updates.
· Update individualized care plans every 6 months after RN reviews.
· Update client staffing reports, client forms, special diets and escort lists monthly.
· Mailing and faxing physician orders prepared by the RN.
· Monthly billing for the Adult Day program and Deaf Blind program. Reconcile monthly billings and payments.
· Send revenue reports to the accounting department.
· Review Explanation of Benefits for all payors and provide documentation to the accounting department. Rebill and make corrections as needed.
· Scan and prepare documents for audits and licensing inspections for HHSC, Star Plus, Special Nutrition program.
· Order meals for the programs weekly.
· Update forms and client information as needed.
· Contact clients and families when absent from participating in the program.
· Customer service includes sending out requested information on the Adult Day program and following upwith potential clients enrolling in the program.
· Check monthly eligibility with Medicaid for all clients in licensed programs.
· Order office supplies.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education: High School Diploma/GED, Associates degree in a health-related field preferred
Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing experience
CPR/First Aid certified preferred
Clear criminal history check
Experience working with disabled individuals and/or the elderly
1 to 2 years of insurance billing and clerical support experience.
Licenses and Certifications: N/A
Job Description: Providing individualized assistance of daily living skills to blind/visually impaired, deaf, multi-handicapped adults residing in our Assisted Living Facility and Day Programs.
Duties Included: Transports clients from home to day program and physician appointments; Escorts clients between their residences and the vehicle and day programs; Keeps driver’s logs of pick-up and drop-off times; Provides physical assistance to clients as needed; Maintains progress notes and daily attendance records; Responsible for the safety and supervision of clients at all times; Responsible for maintenance of company vehicles including but not limited to gas, car washes and oil changes; Provides direct care to clients in the building including but not limited to escorting clients, assisting with activities of daily living, preparing and serving meals and snacks, assisting with classes and activities, and cleaning; Responsible daily for disinfecting of tables, chairs, supplies, door handles, and van seats after every use, temperature checks and screening; Completes quarterly training (Abuse and Neglect, CPR/First Aide, Fire Safety, Fall Prevention); Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education: Responsible driving record, clear criminal history check, and experience working with disabled individuals and/or the elderly. High School Diploma or GED required.
Licenses and Certifications: Texas Driver’s License, CPR & First Aid
Job Description: The Lighthouse of Houston (LOH) is seeking a licensed diabetes educator to manage the daily program operations of the ADA certified Diabetes Education Program. The licensed clinician will provide education regarding diabetes self-care to outpatients, community members, and their families/caregivers via individual appointments and/or group classes.
· Review patient information, obtain history, and assess patients’ current knowledge, barriers to learning, and learning preferences.
· Provide education as appropriate on diabetes pathophysiology, glucose monitoring, insulin self-administration, other diabetes medications, and other self-care topics as appropriate.
· Collaborate with other health services departments as requested internally.
· Establish outcome criteria; obtains, reviews, and analyzes information in collaboration with patients, family members, and health care team members.
· Assist with data collection and maintaining the organization’s ADA certifications/recognition.
· Attend outreach activities regarding diabetes education services, both internal and external.
· Assess and develop patient care and practice related policies and procedures.
· Registered, Licensed Dietitian
· Preferred at least 2 years experience as RD, LD
· Knowledge of diabetes management across the continuum of care
· Experience in care of patients with diabetes; patient teaching experience strongly preferred.
· Certificate in Diabetes Education (CDE) preferred or eligibility and desire to obtain certification required.
· Non-profit experience preferred, not required.
· The ideal candidate has experience of managing a diabetes education program and ability to work autonomously.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize goals and tasks.
· Dedication to the mission and values of LOH.